Screencaps for Turn Left are posted. Review is below the jump.
Monsters: yes, a time beetle
Emotional Wank: 4 out of 10 for the loss of London, labor camps, and coming to terms with the need for self-sacrifice.
Intended Destination: our reality
Actual Destination: an alternate reality
- That Donna rises to the challenges in her life much the same way she had in traveling with the Doctor. It proves she really is brilliant, in and of herself.
- “No, I shan’t. It’s Christmas!” I love Wilfred in general.
- The Bohemian Rhapsody sing-along.
- Mr. Colasanto. He’s fantastic, squeezing the joy right out of every moment he’s put into. I love that.
- That Davies dared to include labor camps and implications thereof into the story. I am so terrified for the Colasantos and can feel all the pain and horror that Wilf has all over his face. It’s an awful thing and it makes this story so much scarier.
- Captain Magambo. She’s completely sensible and focused on the mission.
- I really need to get over whatever it was that happened to Billie Piper’s teeth, but I haven’t yet. It’s not so bad in this episode as in the next two, but it’s still distracting.
Comments, Questions, Speculation
- Colasanto is also the last name of Jack’s Ellis Island lover in Torchwood: Miracle Day.
Raw Caps: 320
Finished Caps: 150