Screencaps for Gridlock are posted. Review is below the jump.
Monsters: yes, Macra, devolved conquerors with great lobster claws.
Emotional Wank: 4 out of 10 for the Doctor’s still broken hearts over both Rose and the Time War, and how it’s affecting Martha.
Intended Destination: New Earth, 5 billion years into the future
Actual Destination: New Earth, 5 billion years into the future
- Nice detail, pulling the arrow out of the door. Never noticed that before.
- Happy-appy. I like him putting the mood dealers in their place.
- Kittens! Love the whole family, in fact.
- How Brannigan’s unwillingness to consider two women married doesn’t get in the way of his relationship with them or anyone else. It’s just a personal quirk and no big deal. And it’s about him, not them.
- The daily hymn. That part still chokes me up every time I watch this. I bet all these people know deep down that the drivers in the motorway are somehow cut off from the rest of the world. That’s why it means so much that they be together in this, and that they have hope.
- The downward chase through the cars. That’s fun!
- Novice Hame, though surely she should have graduated to full nun-hood by now, yes? I like the whole theme of atonement and redemption around her.
- Boe! How incredibly good of him.
- That the Doctor finally sits down with Martha and fesses up. And good for Martha for standing up to him.
- Not only taking Martha where he took Rose, but recycling his witticisms as well.
Raw Caps: 834
Finished Caps: 268
- I wasn’t at all interested in capping the Macra, nor the inhabitants of car 465 diamond 6 while they were in silent mode.
- I’m getting sloppy and grabbing way too many caps lately. That way lies burnout in the weeding process. I did a bit better with this episode than the last two I did, but it’s still double the usual number.