Fresh screencaps for The Eleventh Hour are posted. Review is below the jump.
Well, not much of a review. I used up all my squee on Livejournal when the episode was new. Still there are a few things to mention.
Monsters: yes, an escaped convict who’s a multiform.
Emotional Wank: 2 out of 10 for abandonment, psychological trauma, and running away from your wedding.
Intended Destination: crash landing in England 12 years ago, then modern times minus 12 years. Well maybe the crash landing part was not intended but it certainly was expected.
Actual Destination: crash landing in England 12 years ago, then modern times, and therefore 12 years late.
That was confusing, wasn’t it?
- Amelia. She’s brilliant. It’s incredibly cute that she confuses God with Santa Claus. I find it cute on her, although I don’t like what that says about her family and community. Then again, maybe the crack in her wall sucked up religious education in addition to her parents.
- The entire scene regarding finding something to eat.
- An apple with a face.
- The fact that everyone recognizes the Doctor from what they think is a child’s imaginings. You can tell that people had at least listened to her, if they hadn’t believed her.
- “Just believe me for twenty minutes.”
- Snowflake eyeballs.
Comments, Questions, Speculation
- Since my computer can’t really handle HD, slow motion is even slower than usual, allowing me to catch details I missed before. For instance, the Doctor calls Rory Nose Boy.
Raw Caps: 1290. Not kidding. That is one thousand two hundred ninety snaps.
Finished Caps: 323
- This episode is so eye-candy-ful it’s really hard to restrain myself.
- There are places where I backed up and took another stab at it, so some areas are a bit jumbly. Please don’t givw up too quickly if a moment you want doesn’t seem to appear there – it may just be out of sequence.