Screencaps for The Caves of Androzani are posted.Review is below the jump.
Monsters: yes, magma monsters and an unscrupulous corporate bastard. I don’t count Sharaz Jek, even though he’s nuts.
Emotional Wank: 4 out of 10 for unwanted attention, physical and emotional scarring.
Intended Destination: not given
Actual Destination: Androzani Minor
- Bits of actual science. Glass scorch marks. Mud vents. Tidal forces.
- Sharaz Jek talking about the Doctor’s mouth at such close range and with such intensity. Oh my! I once saw a macro of this moment captioned, “Ok, but no tongues.”
- Lactating bats with a chrysalid stage. I like forms of life that don’t conform to Earth rules, but I don’t like giving them Earth names.
- Salateen. What a jerk.
Comments, Questions, Speculation
- I don’t recall ever noticing any variation in costuming for the Fifth Doctor. Everyone else gets to change things up a bit as long as the basic theme is maintained, but not him. Unless he did and I somehow missed it.
- I snert every time I hear Davison say “urticaria”. It echoes to All Creatures Great and Small.
Raw Caps: 330
Finished Caps: 95
- As usual for visually dark episodes, it’s so hard to get caps that are not grainy or blurry or both. Most often, both.
- I couldn’t get anything of the Doctor milking a bat. What a pity.