Screencaps for The Unicorn and the Wasp are posted. Review is below the jump.
Monsters: yes, a giant alien wasp, a Vespiform. He’s only monstrous because he’s imprinted all wrong. Otherwise he’d just be people.
Emotional Wank: 2 out of 10 for unplanned pregnancy and failed marriage.
Intended Destination: not given
Actual Destination: England, 1926
- The search for Charlemagne. Davey T with a quiver of arrows.
- Donna’s shock treatment for the Doctor. Had to be a bit unpleasant, right after the anchovies.
- Classic car chase!
- The whole story. I don’t like this sort of whodunit, the old where were you at a quarter past four, let me think, yes I remember, blah blah blah. Sorry, so very not my thing. This is probably my least favorite of the NuWho series.
- Mrs. Christie’s terrible posture.
- That dress does nothing for Donna’s shape. Shame to waste a waist. It was the style, though – nobody was supposed to have a waist.
Comments, Questions, Speculation
Poetic that Silence in the Library comes right after this episode. I could easily imagine the Doctor nicked the paperback from The Library at some point, but it’s from the wrong century. Er, from the wrong millenium. What’s bigger than a millenium?
Finished Caps: 119
- The scene with the cyanide detox is nothing but motion blur in every direction. Such a pity. It’s so funny.
750 caps for an episode I don’t even like. That’s a bit remarkable. Granted, I machine-gunned the bits where the Doctor is pointing at people, really wanting to get at least one good one. Imagine the captioning possibilities.Mystery solved. I had neglected to convert the caps from The Shakespeare Code first, so those wound up in the same batch by accident.
- So very little from the cocktails in the garden scene survived. So much motion blur and silly facial expressions.